Suggest treatment for dark lips

Hi im have black lips....i dnt smoke..but due to over exposure to sunlight by lips turned black and a hyperpigmentaion had formed on the lips.....is there a way or surgery i can go to get rid of this..and to get a pink lips?Plz ans my query am desperate for this
Wed, 30 Dec 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have dark lips which seem sto be due to excessive licking of lips along with dry climatic condition , which remove the natural moist layer from the lips. Most probable cause of dark lips is hyper pigmentation which is generally caused by excessive exposure to the UV rays. Need not to worry. I would suggest you to use petroleum jelly , drink lots of water ,avoid to stay in dry environment for longer period. Use lip balm which can be directly applied rather than if you use finger it will cause spreading of infection again and again whenever you will apply with finger. Avoid using creams containing high steroid content ,wash your face with mild soap twice a day and avoid licking your lips. Visit dermatologist once and get it examined if symptoms keeps on persisting and get it examined and start treatment after proper prescription.

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.

Best Wishes,
Dr.Harry Maheshwari