Suggest treatment for dandruff and hair loss.

Good Morning, i am suffering from severe dandruff and small hair loss and consulted a doctor she suggested pilomin-2, mybeclo, kenz lotion, invomed,bitnisol,oxycare. will this help me to reduce my dandruff and suggest me some precautions to completely eradicate dandruff.
Mon, 31 Aug 2020
Dentist 's  Response

As per your complain it seems that you are suffering from seborrheic dermatitis commonly known as dandruff and common causes for it can be:
- Fungal infection
- Oily skin
- Genes
- Change in weather or very dry weather
- Poor hygiene conditions
- Poor immunity etc. When it becomes aggressive it tends to spread on face and even other parts of body. I would suggest you to consult a trichologist or dermatologist and get evaluated and a thorough clinical evaluation and microscopic examination of the flakes can help in diagnosis and treated accordingly
- You can be advised to apply shampoo containing Ketoconazole, coal tar, salicylic acid, zinc, selenium, sulfides etc.

You can also be advised to massage the scalp with steroid lotion.
- Keratolytic agentis like Salicylic acid lotion can also be advised

You should also keep the scalp clean and avoid moisture accumulation to prevent infection. This is the basic idea of treatment about Dandruff, now about the medications that are advised to you is that you are given appropriate medications and lotions, so better continue with the same. You should also wash your scalp with shampoo every alternate day, keep the scalp dry and clean. Do not share combs and towels with others. Do not tie wet hairs and sweaty hairs and dry the scalp completely.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Honey Arora, Dentist