Suggest treatment for crohns disease

My roommate has crohns and we live in Bastrop, texas. He is having an extremely hard time finding a crohns specialist that accepts Medicaid. can you help. he s been having issues because he s had his large intestines removed and has a bag. I really need some info to help him.
Mon, 18 May 2015
Welcome to health care magic,
If your colonoscopy was suggestive of proctosigmoiditis then what you should be prescribed mesacol-OD (mesalazine) which is actually an anti-inflammatory drug used to treat inflammation of the digestive tract like in case of inflammatory bowel disease (mild to moderate Crohn's disease).

So,the important thing is to know the underlying cause of your frequent stools,indigestion,dyspepsia whether it is infective or chronic inflammatory.

There could be chances of lactose intolerance where inability to digest sugar in milk as stated you.

You must consult gastroenterologist for complete medical history and thoroughly clinical examination with interpretation of your previous reports.

You can also go for gut biopsy to have a confirmed diagnosis.

If you have improved with Orni-o and mesacol-od (mesalazine) then your mesacol-OD should be continued till the next follow-up.

It takes time like 4 to 5 months according to our body response to recover when you are being treated for IBD.