Suggest treatment for cough and sneezing caused post heart surgery

I was in hospital Dec. of 2017. Had open heart surgery on Nov. 30 afterward of course I was in ICU. 2nd day in ICU I got a bad infection and life support. Cube was put down my throat to breathe. This was down 3 times and then my throat was damaged. Had swallowing therapy. My question! I left the hospital with cough, sneezing, blowing my nose and spitting up clear thick mucus. I have this several times every day and night. It’s over 10 mos.
Tue, 3 Sep 2019
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello

As you explain the situation do not worry
If you don't have breathlessness fever or chest pain these might be from problems of the heart itself not to the lungs.If it is disturbing contact your doctor to guide you further if needed.

Dr.Jolanda