Suggest treatment for constipation

Hello, Ive been having bowel movement trouble the last few weeks. I've increased my fiber intake and water in hopes this will help. I've noticed Ive been dehydrated lately when I go to the bathroom. On Tuesday, I took a laxative and 6 hrs later I was pooping. Last night, Thursday, I took another one cause I noticed I was still having trouble; I'd go to the bathroom and I can feel it in there, but its too hard to push it out. I woke up this morning (over 6 hrs after taking the laxative) and nothing. I've been noticing too that I pee a lot when I go, but my system doesn't give me the "I gotta go pee" feeling. This started occurring yesterday. The laxative I took says it takes 6-12 hrs for it to take affect, however, the last time I took it, it hit me at 6 hrs.
I know I should wait til the 12 hr mark, but I'm getting worried. I've increased fiber and water intake the last 3 days. The laxative also says to take more if a single dose isn't effective.I don't know what to do, please help. I don't know what to do or what's going on with me.
Wed, 8 Oct 2014
Hello dear,

Considering the problem that you are facing regarding bowel movement, laxatives are helpful for providing temporary relief only.
You should avoid using it on a regular basis.

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can either be due to functional reason (decreased gastric motility) or any pathology (like obstruction) in the Gastrointestinal tract.
Kindly consult a Gastroenterologist & get a proper clinical examination done to detect any pathological cause for the symptoms.
Investigations like Ultrasound scan of abdomen, contrast studies & Colonoscopy will be helpful.
Permanent relief from your symptoms will be obtained once the underlying cause is corrected.

You can also use Isabgol husk at night time. It will help in clearing of bowel in the morning.

Wishing you a Good Health