Suggest treatment for constipation due to dilated rectum in a child
My daughter 9 years age having normal bowel habiits has not passed stool for last 6 months in a natural way . She is relived only with Neo tomic enemas . Barium report indicates dialted rectum in descending colon. Toilet training of 45days has also not helped . lot of oral luxatives were tried but no result . Please advise.
Thank you for consulting in here. I think your kid is having habitual constipation. I have certain questions and suggestions for you.
1. Did your kid pass motion or meconium on day one of life?
2. Since how long is the kid constipated?
3. Does the kid have any bleeding along with hard stools?
4. How much milk does the kid consume per day?
5. Does the kid eat fruits and vegetables (fiber diet) appropriately?
You can get back with answers at the following link - www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-sumanth-amperayani/67696
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.