Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
197 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for compound fracture in the right arm

my son had an accident last year in February playing roller hockey. He fell back and ended up with a compound fracture his right arm. He had surgery it required 6 pins. Recently he is in so much pain, and has large bumps coming up, like they want to break through the skin. He was told numerous times scar tissue, i know when my children are in pain, and my son is in alot of pain. Is it possible the pins are moving? My son is 19.
Thu, 20 Nov 2014
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case history.

You will need X ray of arm to see for pin loosening or infection.
Clinical examination is important to rule out non union or infection around fracture.

For these symptoms analgesic and medication can be started.

If you can send latest x ray on my profile directly so that I can help you better.
Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I suffered a compound fractured patella requiring surgery/wiring 8 weeks ago. Since then I have struggled to get back into any sort of normal...