Suggest treatment for cold and tingling sensation in the body

I m a 40 yr old female with The right side of my body is swelling and in pain. It has been like this for about two months. I have experienced tingling and cold sensation. My shin is tender to the touch with the ankle swollen and sometime in heat. My knee cap is swollen also. My upper body is just as swollen deltoid shoulder hurts.
Tue, 16 Apr 2019

I would like to give some tests:
1. Complete Blood Test
2. Nerve Conduction Studies
3. Fasting Blood Sugar
4. Upper Abdomen USG
5. Liver Function Tests
6. Test for rheumatoid factor and anti-citrullinated protein antibodies

There are many tests to be done but I gave the most important ones. I tried to keep it convenient for you as much as I could.

I also ask you to start this medication:
1. Gabapentin
2. For pain, Ibuprofen. If you peel burning sensation after taking this, please consider taking Pantoprazole before taking Ibuprofen.

Other ways to adopt for your treatments:
Physical therapy: Physical and occupational therapists may help you exercise your arms, legs, and hands. They may teach you new ways to do things at home.
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation: This treatment, called TENS, stimulates your nerves and may decrease your pain. Wires are attached to pads. The pads are attached to your skin. The wires send a mild current through your nerves. Do not have TENS if you have a pacemaker or are pregnant.
Brace or splint: You may need a device that supports or holds a body part still. For example, if you have carpal tunnel syndrome, you may need to wear a wrist brace.
For this, you may need to go to any clinic who have this facility.

You can also follow these guidelines:
Remember to add more dairy products and low-fat meats to your daily diet and consume a lot of vegetables, fruits, and whole grains in a regular basis to reduce the risk and influences of neuropathy.

Smoking cigarette can influence the circulation, raising the risks of foot health problems and other neuropathy related issues. Therefore, people with neuropathy should quit smoking if they want to live healthily.

Consume Foods rich in vitamin B6 include: bananas, garbanzo beans, peanut butter, tomato juice, spinach, soybeans, sunflower seeds, walnuts, poultry, and wheat bran.

Consume Foods rich in vitamin B-9 include asparagus, beans, peas, lima beans, corn, mushrooms, liver, broccoli, orange juice, avocado, and green turnip.

Eat foods which are rich sources of vitamin B in whole grain cereals and protein-rich foods, such as meats, poultry, fish, brewer's yeast, milk, eggs, legumes, potatoes and peanuts.

Do the test and post here in HCM, we have highly skilled doctors here. Any doctor can follow you up and can give the next course of treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dipan Samanta, General & Family Physician