Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
170 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chronic pelvic pain

I have had pelvic pain for at least 2 years now 2 doctors say that it s scar tissue. I have had a colonoscopy, just recently a ultrasound with my obgyn he says all looks fine. In September I had a uti and since have had horrible pain in my pelvic area and just in the past 2 weeks moderate to severe pain in my pelvic areas, under my rib cage and into my back. I am due to see a urologist in December (earliest available) I am in pain and am at a loss as to what yo do. Help
Wed, 16 Dec 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Pain in the back ,under ribs and pelvic region you have mentioned severe pain and you had uti.But you have not been scanned for whole abdomen. You must be scanned for whole abdomen for KUB and get your urine examined and cultured If i have to treat such a patient i will advise injection piroxicam im ,tab tramadol 50mg three times a day tab drotamine three times a day after having given urine for culture tab norfloxcin 400mg twice a day.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I went to the gyno today for 2nd opinion. Have had chronic pelvic pain. He said it was urology issue and urologist cleared me and said it was gyno...