Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
158 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for chronic pelvic pain

I went to the gyno today for 2nd opinion. Have had chronic pelvic pain. He said it was urology issue and urologist cleared me and said it was gyno issue. New gyno said it could be interstitial cystitis. I do not have bladder problems (beside occasion infections). No urgency or accidents. Any thoughts?
Thu, 4 Feb 2016
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Welcome to HCM.

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have chronic pelvic pain . Well there can be many reasons for symptoms you mention in query like endometriosis , muscle spasms , inflammatory disease , sexually transmitted , fibroids , irritable bowel syndrome or depression. I would suggest you to consult gastroenterologist for proper examination . Doctor may order ultrasound , endoscopy along with stool test . Doctor may prescribe drugs like sucralfate , anti inflammatory , omeprazole , ornidazole along with laxative . Doctor may also refer you to orthopedic surgeon for muscle problem . For now eat light and non spicy and take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Get Well Soon.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have had pelvic pain for at least 2 years now 2 doctors say that it s scar tissue. I have had a colonoscopy, just recently a ultrasound with my...