Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the hips

hi I am a 42 y.o female w/a history of sarcoidosis. for the past 2 1/2 years, I have had chronic pain in my left hip on the outside region.(IT band paind and SI joint) I have had an xray and MRI which showed trochanteric bursitis and tendonitis. I have had a cortisone injection under xray to the si joint as well as , cortisone injections to the IT band. I ve tried physical therapy with ultrasound stimulation, chiropractic care , lidocaine patches and Duexis. nothing seems to be working. I get a bit of relief when I exercise but other than that, the pain is consistent. I am worried that this pain is only going to get worse. Any ideas or recommendations?
Tue, 20 Nov 2018

Consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

An MRI scan is required for further assessment.

As a first line management, you can take analgesics like paracetamol or aceclofenac for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,