Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
143 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the hips

hi I am a 42 y.o female w/a history of sarcoidosis. for the past 2 1/2 years, I have had chronic pain in my left hip on the outside region.(IT band paind and SI joint) I have had an xray and MRI which showed trochanteric bursitis and tendonitis. I have had a cortisone injection under xray to the si joint as well as , cortisone injections to the IT band. I ve tried physical therapy with ultrasound stimulation, chiropractic care , lidocaine patches and Duexis. nothing seems to be working. I get a bit of relief when I exercise but other than that, the pain is consistent. I am worried that this pain is only going to get worse. Any ideas or recommendations?
Tue, 20 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

An MRI scan is required for further assessment.

As a first line management, you can take analgesics like paracetamol or aceclofenac for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have had chronic pain in my left hip and side for about 2 years it has gotten very bad in the past 6 months and have had a x ray and they could...