Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
184 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chronic leg pain and depression

hi, I have been having problems with physcians in my area. I have chronic pain, I have nerve damage in my r ight leg. and starting to have pain in my left leg, I have difficulty walking and I trip and stumble a lot. the pain is horrible. my entire leg hurts. problem since Obama care insurance came out and all the other problems the medication ive been on for yrs that helps me functions has been taken away from me, I have had to go from urgent care to urgent care to get anything for pain, I have taken Norco 10 mg for about 8yrs. it helps me walk without stumbleing it helps me sleep at night. I have no one that will see me due to my chronic condition and meds. so I have been suffering going thru withdrawal until I can get someone to order for one month so I can try again to find a doctor, what can I do , do u know who to refer m e to in the quad cities dubuge, Clinton, davenport ia. etc. im about 3 hurs from Chicago. I need help my depression is out control, I can t sleep and there has been a halt in prescribing in our area and I cant afford to move. what can I do. if I buy them online, I don t know what I will be getting. frustrated and tired, and I wont live in pain, its inhumane. I ve done everything doctors wanted me to do and I need to restablish and due to the neuropathy and pain and numbness no one will see me, preexisting condtions. I cant get past he front desk they refuse to accept me for that reason.
Thu, 23 Jul 2015
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing to us,
I have studied your case with diligence.

Other analgesic that may be beneficial include
Buprenorphine . Buprenorphine is available as a sublingual or transdermal patch.
Another analgesic Oxytrex (oxycodone + ultra-low-dose
naltrexone) is a new opioid drug candidate shown here to minimize the adverse effects of long-term opioid therapy, including physical dependence.
You need to consult your doctor before starting it.

You can take epidural steroid shots to reduce pain.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have been applying creams for beauty purposes and I just found out they contain steroids. Recently I have been having leg pain, my feet feels...