Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
130 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chronic hair fall

I am in great problem as i am loosing more than 200 hair a day and
nothing is working. Sir i am on medicines (Xtin forte, Ducal-D ) and
using Nizrol shampoo daily but it is not helping me at all.Sir i am
under the treatment of Dr.Sandeep Sharma M.B.B.S, M.D (AIIMS) but his
treatment is not effective and i am loosing hair continously.Please
help me, i am in depression because of this problem.
Sir, i am also under the treatment of Dr. S.k Wangnoo (M.D, D.M) (
Endo.) and the medicines are Tab. Diane-35 once
Tab. finpecia(1 mg) once
Tab. exermet(500 mg) twice
Tab. aldactone (50 mg) twice

Vidhi agarwal
23 years
Tue, 31 Jul 2018
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Drug/Medication ,  
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Hair fall is mostly multifactorial: hereditary/ hormonal imbalance/ poor diet and lifestyle/ weather changes/ dandruff/ usage of poor hair products / stress etc to name a few. In your case, the hormonal imbalance could be one of the reasons, which ideally should be corrected. Also 100-150 hair fall each day is normal, as it is the hair cycle. New hair grow in the same place. I would recommend you start doing PRP (platelet rejuvenation plasma) therapy where the plasma from your blood is injected into your scalp with the help of tiny thin needles. This treatment is done once in 4-5 weeks for at least 8-10 times to see a optimal result. This stimulates new hair growth and stops hair fall too.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

HI I am 36 year old male, I am getting excess hair fall. I use to go to gym from last 5 years and using supplements as well. I am taking finax,...

Recent questions on  Aldactone

doctor1 MD

My mom is having swelling all over the body especially on her face, legs and ankles..we got her Kidney function test, Liver function test , Lipid...

doctor1 MD

i have PCOS . There is lot of weight gain on some days and some days its in control .i am on medication of aldactone and cytomid. i am confused...

doctor1 MD

I am in great problem as i am loosing more than 200 hair a day and
nothing is working. Sir i am on medicines (Xtin forte, Ducal-D ) and

doctor1 MD

46 ur old female s/p left breast ca in 1998. Treated with 650 of adriamycin. Was. Admitted to hosotal on 1/25 with cardiomyopathy, ef of 20 and...

doctor1 MD

I am a 83 youthful woman, very slim, in good physical condition. But I have Afib and a 5.5 centimeter aneurysm who is considering surgery to repair...

doctor1 MD

My husband has XXXXXXX Was so bad his ammonia level was very high, B12 double what should be, Vit E was very high, symptoms: confusion, beligerant,...

doctor1 MD

What does 15 percent of your heart working means