Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
145 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chronic abdominal pain

Hi sir,im 30 yrs old.since 6yrs im suffering with recurrent right side abdominal pain.but by last one year im getting this pain regularly whenever I do physical activity..uring diagnosis found in CT scan that findings are suggestive of mucosal nodularity and hyper enhancement involving terminal ileum with mesentric lymph node enlargment likely infective/inflammatory ,but in colonoscopy no visual pronlem as said by doctor.sir please suggest me tat wat actually happend to very much afraid of cancer.
Mon, 9 Mar 2015
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Since you are suffering from 6 years, the chances of cancer are less, but there is definitely something that matters to be diagnosed and is possible only by Laparoscopy and Biopsy of the lymph nodes to get a perfect diagnosis.

CT scan is showing nodularity and hyper enhancement of the terminal ileum indicates a possibility of Tuberculosis or Crohns. Hence the necessity of another colonoscopy with biopsy of the terminal ileum and lymph node biopsy.

Wait for the reports to get an exact diagnosis so that further proper treatment can be started .
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here... I am a healthy 30 year old woman with chronic pelvic/abdominal pain...