Suggest treatment for chicken pox.

my daughter who is 12 years old has got chicken pox who is travelling with her schoolmates in excursion.she is far away from home and is unable to take a flight as the tickets are unavailable.my elder daughter who is recovering from chickenpox since a month.please suggest me to cure.
Mon, 25 May 2015
Hi

Welcome to the HCM

Chicken pox spots do not usually scar unless they are badly scratched.
Some spots become infected with germs (bacteria) in some cases. This is the most common complication in children. If this occurs, the surrounding skin becomes red and sore. Antibiotics in the form of creams or medicine may then be needed.

Inflammation of the lung (pneumonia) and inflammation of the brain (encephalitis) are rare complications.

Vary rarely, other serious complications develop.

Therefore, although serious complications are rare, it is best to be watchful. See a doctor if your child develops any worrying symptoms that you are unsure about such as:

Breathing problems.
Weakness such as a child becoming wobbly on his/her feet.
Drowsiness.
Fits (convulsions).
Pains or headaches which become worse despite paracetamol.
Being unable to take fluids, due to a severe rash in the mouth.
A severe rash, or a rash which bruises or bleeds into the skin (haemorrhagic rash).
Becoming generally more and more unwell.

Treatment is mainly aimed at easing symptoms and trying to make your child as comfortable as possible whilst the immune system deals with the virus:

Advice on dealing with a high temperature (fever) is detailed below.

A soothing cream (emollient) may help the itch. Calamine lotion is useful.

A sedating antihistamine (in a tablet or liquid medicine) may help with sleep if itch is a problem. Chlorphenamine (PiritonĀ®) is the one most used.

Keep fingernails cut short to stop deep scratching.

Use acetaminophen for fever.

For further questions,do contact us.
Pediatrician Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli's  Response
Thank you for asking question on health care magic.
You may try Zovirox 200mg 4 times daily for 5 days, will arrest further eruptions.
Isolate the patient as she is infective till formation of scabs over the lesions.
Hope this answer will serve your purpose
Please feel free to ask any more queries if required
Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH
Associate professor of pediatrics