Suggest treatment for chest congestion and runny nose

I have had these symptoms for 7 days ,chest congestion,barking cough ,running nose , yellow mucus. I have taken herbal teas,aleve cold and sinus,mucinex and just today and old fashion mustard plaster.Starting to feel better but worried now I might need an antibiotic.Should I give in and go to the doctor? Since it has been so long maybe it is almost over ? What do you think?
Sat, 17 Jan 2015
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Most cough and cold infections are viral and do not require antibiotics for treatment.

The symptoms can last up to 2 weeks and in some cases the cough may persist up to 6 weeks after all of the other symptoms have resolved.

You can continue your present home treatment of over the counter cough and cold medications.
If you had a persistent fever after 7 days then you may need antibiotic therapy.

I hope this helps