Suggest treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome

I am scheduled to have nerve testing done to rule out carpal tunnel syndrome prior to having a ganglion cyst removed from my wrist. I have had a similar cyst removed from the other wrist in the past. I was wondering if the test would also tell the physician if I had cubital tunnel syndrome. Since my visit to the orthopedic surgeon, I have had consistent pain from the joint around the thumb, through the forearm, that radiates primarily to the elbow.
Mon, 11 Feb 2019

Well, there can be many reasons for symptoms you mention in a query like a sign of nerve damage, repetitive stress, injuries, bacterial or viral infections, toxic exposures, and systemic diseases such as diabetes and peripheral neuropathy.

There can be other reasons also like nerve entrapment, carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve palsy, hormonal imbalances and vitamin deficiencies (vitamin B1.)

I would suggest you consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a proper examination. The doctor may order a CT scan, ask for certain movements and complete blood tests.

The doctor may prescribe muscle relaxants, recommend physical therapy of arm and hand along with stretching exercises and recommend particular stretching exercises.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon