Suggest treatment for cardiac arrest in a medically induced coma person

My my sons father is in a medically induced coma for 7days now following a cardiac arrest , he was in the street late at nite the police were called and he was given cpr till ambulance arrived taken to hospital and given a stint,sorry for the spelling . They have tried to wake him for the last 4days with not much luck all they say is that he was to agitated and put back under, yesterday they did the same with same result but said he also had an episode with his heart when they tried, can you give me an idea of what to expect as his mother is older and I m not sure if she is asking enough or the right questions,and as he is my ex I don t have first hand knowledge. Mine and his son is 19yrs old but has autism and I need to have an idea of what to expect . Thanks Kathy in Australia
Mon, 11 Mar 2019

Many causes for cardiac arrest like hypokalemia or myocardial infarction or heart block or metabolic acidosis etc.

For cardiac arrest is an emergency condition need to give an cardiac massage along with respiratory and airway support.

Many drugs like adrenaline or atropine or amidarone or calaptine etc is used depending upon the cause. Please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Penchila Prasad Kandikattu , Internal Medicine Specialist