Suggest treatment for bump on the shoulder

My husband had a bump on his shoulder that came to a head. The skin was red surrounding it and it was causing him discomfort so I offered to pop it. It oozed of pus and blood. I used alcohol and peroxide to clean the area and used coconut oil to cover it. The next day it looked like the area had been burned with two blisters in the middle of the sore. For the next couple of days I repeated the cleansing ritual and now the area is completely scabbed over with a black fuzzy feeling scab. Am I using the wrong medicines or does he need to see a doctor?
Mon, 25 Mar 2019

Most probably it could be an abscess. Consult a general surgeon and get evaluated. It is better to get it drained. An antibiotic cover would be helpful to tackle infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,