Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
146 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for bulging discs in the lower back area

I have suffered with herniated and bulging disk in my lower back for over five years. I am being treated by a neurosurgeon and have chosen the epidural route which has helped moderately until now. The pain is there every day and I find no quality of life. I have new symptoms which are numbness in my feet and now in my hands the left in particular. I see a psychiatrist because I am having trouble coping with panic attacks associated with this, I am very hard on myself, I worked at the same job for the last 20 years, retail prior to that which was strenuous. I finally had to visit the OR this week for the fist time and was treated with narcotics and steroids. I have appointment with my neurosurgeon tomorrow, is it time to consider the surgery?
Tue, 24 Jan 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your question.
I do understand your pain and discomfort.
As per your history is concerned please discuss with your doctor regarding surgical treatments[For Decompression] which is very easy one now a days ,if any doubt arises then send MRI scan report.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write to me.
Wishing you all the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i am 38yrs female. 1 am 5 3 and my weight is 57kgs. i have pain in my lower back for last 1 mri findings are a)diffuse disc bulge and...