Suggest treatment for bruising on the thighs

My daughter (16) is having strange bruising. She says it feels deep but you can t actually see the bruising very well. Pain is in her thigh above the knee, in her hip area. She had dance practice yesterday and rode a camel. Not sure if it s just a strained muscle.
Mon, 2 Jan 2017
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice. According to history provided, it could be muscular strain pain. For that ibuprofen is prescribed and hot compress is beneficial. Avoid strenuous work and activity and heavy exercise. Take rest for few days and if no improvement is noticed then local part USG is to be done for further work up. Consult physician for examination with keeping all this in mind.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami