Suggest treatment for bruises caused after Cortisone shot

Bruising that is worse each day since having a cortisone shot in my shoulder. I have a small bruise where the shot was given. The bruise that concerns me is at least 10X larger and gets bigger and darker each day. I can t get in to see my doctor until Thursday. Should I go to the ER at the hospital where I got the cortisone shot?
Thu, 26 Sep 2019

Protect the injection area for a day or two. For instance, if you received a cortisone shot in your shoulder, avoid heavy lifting. If you received a cortisone shot in your knee, stay off your feet when you can. Apply ice to the injection site as needed to relieve pain.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ajeet Singh, General & Family Physician