Suggest treatment for brucellosis

I have had brucellosis for over a year now ,since I realised I had the bacterial infection I have taken almost every antibacterial that kills brucella and completed all the dose but in vain, I tried chewing garlic for several weeks and got no results ,please advise me on the best way to combat this, Ali kafeero ousama from Uganda.
Fri, 5 May 2017
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hi,'
Welcome to HCM,
Brucellosis is easily treatable and does not have frequent relapses. I do not know the treatment you have been prescribed, but the drugs that are commonly used are Doxycycline, Gentamicin, Streptomycin, Rifampin and Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole. Best regimen is consisting of doxycycline 100 mg orally bid for 6 weeks plus streptomycin 1g/day IM for 2-3 weeks.If chronic case then rifampin can also be added. I suggest you get in touch with your treating doctor and discuss the suggested therapies.
thanks