Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
141 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for bone spur growth in the Achilles tendon?

Hello,Could you tell me please, what it is called when a bone spur grows vertically into the Achilles tendon at the back of the heel? This is not a spur on the bottom near the fascia.Also, what are the treatments for this please? Do cortisone shots work? Electric stimulation? Or just surgery to get the spur out of the tendon?Thank you
Tue, 29 Mar 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome. It need to be examined, x Ray need to be taken. Based on the report you can decide on the management.
Hope this helps.
Take care
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

69 year old male, insertional Achilles tendonitis caused by bone spur, all the palliatives (eccentric exercise etc.) helped but as the spur...