Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
138 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for blurred vision and neck pain

Four weeks ago I heard a crackling sound in my ear when changing sides in bed. This developed to intermittent blocked feeling in my ear. I developed a cold, which came and went quickly but my ear remained blocked. I developed a ringing in my ear and mild pain so went to my gp. I was told it was a virus and I should wait for 4 days to see if it cleared. It didn t. I went back to my gp and was put on a course of erythromycin. My pain cleared but ear remained blocked with ringing. 5 days later I went back to my gp and was referred to ENT who said I had fluid in my ear and put me on Cefuroxime for 5 days. My pain become severe on the following two days, spreading to my jaw, facial and neck pain. 100 mg paracetamol and 500 mg ibuprofen together were not helping. I went back to my ENT yesterday and he has put me on Augmentin 7 day course with prednisone for 6 days. I started this yesterday and woke up in less pain than last two days however as the day has gone on my pain level has reached severe again. I am feeling nauseous with slight blurred vision and extreme fatigue. Is this the right course of action? I am now extremely worried about my ear, the pressure is unbearable and it is throbbing.
Tue, 7 Apr 2015
Report Abuse
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
it is eustechian tube block. volselum is requered to be donetake sudafed tablet. prohibit head bath and apply nasibion nasal drop. eye examination like refraction should be done. if any refractive error is detected it should be corected. nausea may be due to eustechian tube block. it will improve once the block is cleared.continue treatment as advised by ent doctor.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

sir i am suffering from a neck pain... i consulted a ortho doctor and i urged to take scan and mri of spine. but he told that nothing wrong with ur...