Four weeks ago I heard a crackling sound in my ear when changing sides in bed. This developed to intermittent blocked feeling in my ear. I developed a cold, which came and went quickly but my ear remained blocked. I developed a ringing in my ear and mild pain so went to my gp. I was told it was a virus and I should wait for 4 days to see if it cleared. It didn t. I went back to my gp and was put on a course of erythromycin. My pain cleared but ear remained blocked with ringing. 5 days later I went back to my gp and was referred to ENT who said I had fluid in my ear and put me on Cefuroxime for 5 days. My pain become severe on the following two days, spreading to my jaw, facial and neck pain. 100 mg paracetamol and 500 mg ibuprofen together were not helping. I went back to my ENT yesterday and he has put me on Augmentin 7 day course with prednisone for 6 days. I started this yesterday and woke up in less pain than last two days however as the day has gone on my pain level has reached severe again. I am feeling nauseous with slight blurred vision and extreme fatigue. Is this the right course of action? I am now extremely worried about my ear, the pressure is unbearable and it is throbbing.