Suggest treatment for badly infected toe in children

My son has a badly infected toe. We have been treating it by soaking it in Epsom Salts and using Silvadene cream as recommended by his doctor, but we re not seeing much improvement at all. This has been going on for at least three weeks. I am told that soaking it in a vinegar/water solution will help. Is this correct?
Thu, 12 Mar 2015
Dear thanks for the question.

I share your concerns. As a practising doctor I treat such patients in following ways as it is already 3 weeks passed and there's no improvement
1 take a swab from infected toe and identify the organisms and antibiotics sensitivity
2 wound debridement every day and clean dressing, till it becomes fine.
3 oral antibiotics (augumentin 375 mg three times a day for a week)
4 pain killers and anti inflammatory

Treatment you have been giving can help in beginning and less severe cases. As in case of your baby it is badly affected that treatment will not help.

I hope i have clarified your queries. Please write for follow up queries. I wish rapid recovery for your baby. Please provide a feedback. Thank you