Suggest treatment for back pain

i was having pain in the back between waist and hip on the left side for about 2 weeks. this morning while geetting up from a bent position i had severe pain and could not stand erect. After massaging with a cream and lying down on bed for about an hour my pain reduced to a tolerable level. The pain is on the left side of the spine. What could it be?
Mon, 4 May 2015
Psychologist 's  Response
Hello, I had gone through the case and found that it might be muscle spasms or slip disc.

So take mild pain killer tablet Ultracet twice a day, apply muscle relaxant and avoid to lift the heavy weight.

Also go for xray of lower spin to rule out the slip disc. If pain increases then consult with orthopedic doctor.