• question-icon

Suggest treatment for back pain and painful urination

my son s back (lower right) hurts while urinating and for a shor time after he urinates. the pain is severe and lasts for about 5-10 minutes and then disappears. he has a history of holding his urine (does not want to stop what he is doing). seems he is at it again. last year, he had urine in his blood. he had a few ultra sounds of kidney/bladder/etc., which did not show anything unusual. ultimate conclusion is that the blood seemed to be caused by the stream being so strong when he did relieve himself, that it caused fissures in his urethra. he did not have the back pain last year, that he is having this time. he does not seem to be carrying a fever. i have not yet detected blood in his urine. please advise.
Wed, 14 Aug 2019

I read carefully your query and understand your concern.

The symptoms seem to be related to a urinary tract infection.

I suggest to do a urine test and an abdominal ultrasound for further evaluation .

If the diagnosis is confirmed, I suggest to use antibiotics to treat the infection.

Meanwhile,I suggest using anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms.

Hope my answer was helpful.

If you have further queries feel free to contappct me again.

Kind regards!

Dr.Dorina Gurabardhi
General &Family Physician