Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for autism

My son is 12 diagnosed with autism age 18 months and last year we thought he was having siezures but turns out to be a motor tic disorder(his head nods/jerks forward) also after an mri they found excessive csf behind both his optic nerves neuro opth said looks ok he does see it but no headaches and pressure seems perfect poss from a fall when he was a year old. Now about 2 years ago a noticed a bump or peteussion on his lower spine. Went to ortho said mild mild case of scoliosis but didnt see anything on xray of spine prob prominent in that area. This summer looked as it has the last two years but all of a sudden this last week or so it is bigger more prominant under his skin deep btw but seems over his spine. Going to see a neurosurgeon what should i be asking what kinds of tests i want to be a little pushy at this point i waited two years while monitoring like a was asked but now i am concerned, i see my son rubbing it he says it itches( but again he may using the wrong language and maybe not lol). I have very good insurance and i pay to have it so how do i approach this? Any ideas on what it may be?
Thu, 26 Sep 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Neurologist 's  Response

You need to make sure there are no structural abnormalities in brain or spine, which are progressive. These would include spinal dysraphism or tethered cord syndrome. please make sure with your doctor that your child does not have these disorders.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

We have a grandson that was diagnosed with autism. And we would like to have him evaluated. We have had custody of him since he was 4 yrs. old and...

Recent questions on  Scoliosis

doctor1 MD

My son is 12 diagnosed with autism age 18 months and last year we thought he was having siezures but turns out to be a motor tic disorder(his head...

doctor1 MD

scoliosis? since i was really young my mom and dad have noticed my hip bone and rib cage on my left side sticks out alot its so noticeable that...

doctor1 MD

I have pain due to scoliosis. At times of pain I take Etoshine MR. Some times I have to take it for upto 5 days or in extreme cases 10 days. Often...

doctor1 MD

My son has scoliosis (thoracic) and arthritis. He is 28 years old. I wonder why the curvature was not noticed when he was younger because he...

doctor1 MD

Hello I am a 57 yr old woman that has been told in the last few yrs that I have Scoliosis . In 1984 I had an double compound fracture to my right...

doctor1 MD

I have a lot of problems with my back, degenerative disc disease , scoliosis . Spurs on 2 separate discs, lower lumbar pain . I work out on an...

doctor1 MD

Hello; I am a 25 year old male. I am living with the following symptoms and cannot get a diagnosis. These are my symptoms. Weakness in the arms and...