• question-icon

Suggest treatment for anxiety disorder

my son was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and possible PTSD. he has multiple health issues including epilepsy, global dyspraxia, hypotonia, sensory integration disorder, cognitive delays, etc. I am trying to research anti-anxiety meds - any advice?

Wed, 10 Sep 2014
Hi

I admire you for positive outlook.

He has cognitive delay and neurological issues.

PTSD is difficult to say in this case.

It is more or less adaptation problem or generalized anxiety due to cognitive deficit.

The best way is evaluation.

Both psychiatry and neurological evaluation is must to reach proper conclusion.

If require then anxiety can be treated with mild anxiolytic like etizolam0.25 mg as and when require.

Some times it is look like anxiety but core problem is different which can be evaluate with consultation.

Thank you.

Hope for the best.

Still have a query then feel free to ask.

Always here to help you.