Suggest treatment for ankylosing spondylitis

I am a 29-year old female, recently diagnosed with AS (ankylosing spondylitis). I also had spine surgery in July, for 2 thoracic discs that were herniated. I just started Humira last Thursday and weaned off of Prednisone that day as well. In the meantime, over the past 2-3 weeks, I have had a lot of pain in the area where I had my surgery. I am now on a 5-day steroid burst of Prednisone. I took the first dose of 25 mg today, and within a couple of hours, I began feeling like I had the flu...my entire body aches from head to toe. I have had this happen with a Medrol Dose Pack in the past, as well as after receiving an epidural steroid injection. Is this a common reaction from higher doses of Prednisone? It usually only lasts about a day or so, and then I wake up feeling better the next day.
Wed, 27 Nov 2019

At higher doses of prednisolone, these are the common side effects. The symptoms will gradually decrease in next few days. There is no need to worry.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon