Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
186 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for an infection in the ear

When I burp or yawn, I have been experiencing a rumbling sound in my right ear only. I did travel to Louisiana week before last. But I ve had this before. It last for at least 6 weeks. Years ago, I got water in my ears and it took months for it to go away. I ve had my ears checked by a ear, nose and throat doctor. My ears were squeaky clean. It is so annoying. Sometimes I pat on my ear and lean to my right side. The last couple of days now I just press on my ear until the fluttering stops. Three months ago, I used a ear wax cleaner, the next two days a long dried brown wax build up came out. Scared me to pieces. Thanks Doc for your advice.
Thu, 9 Oct 2014
Report Abuse
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello, thanks for ur query, ear is connect by nose by et ( eusthacian tube) , whenever this tube blocked ( cold, flu, sinusitis, allergy) u feel ear block sensation, u can start decongestant tab. xyzal- d ( levocitrizine+ pseudoephidrine) one tab ya bed time for7 days, xylometazoline nasal drops 3 drops/ 3 time/1 week. valsalva manoere ( watch utube ) , chew chewing gum can be tried ,all d best. take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had an ear infection all last month and antibiotics didn t help it. Now, for the last 4 days, it has been draining either a clear liquid or...