• question-icon

Suggest treatment for acne cyst on face

Hi there,I have had an acne cyst on my face for about 2 months. Last night the cyst popped with a clear like fluid as well as lots of blood. I know I am not supposed to squeeze them but had to last night to get the rest of the cyst leftovers out. I am now left with a huge bruise on the side of my face(where the cyst was). I applied hot compresses after the cyst burst. My concern is that the bruise will not go away. Is there anything I can use to get rid of the bruising??Thanks Jill (Ontario, Canada)
Wed, 3 Dec 2014

I can understand your concern for acne cyst on face. Acne or pimples are common to occur by the teenage and when get enlarged then can form large cysts.

You have not told us your age, sex and occupation along with other of the medical history so that I could have helped you better.

As the area has enlarged and has formed a big bruise so I suggest you to stop any hot compression on the area.

In my patients I use clindamycin gel or clarithromycin gel over the affected area the cysts. In your kind of large cystic area I suggest to take antibiotic and pain killer tablets.

I also suggest my all the patients to not to pinch, pop or squeeze any area on face. Do not apply any creamy or oily stuff or any other cosmetics over face.

If the area is enlarging then should meet a doctor for the best treatment.

All the best.