Suggest treatment for acid reflux

I've never been on this site before, and am not familiar with how it works...
For several yrs., about 5+ yrs, I've been experiencing acid reflux almost every day, and I've been taking a prilosec tablet each morning...it takes care of it and it works for me, but over the last 2 months or so, I am now also experiencing a sort of small obstruction on the left side of my throat...I started noticing it after having the flu around 3 months ago...At first it seemed like a bit of phlegm that just wouldn't go away...I try clearing my throat several times a day, and it simply won't go away, and now it seems like it may be something like an abrasion or growth...I'm able to eat and drink whatever I want with no problem, but I am afraid that it may get worse if I don't figure out what it is or do something about it...I do not have health insurance, and I was forced to file Chapter 13 in order to keep my home, so my income is very limited right now...
What can you recommend? I thought that gargling with salt water would help, or maybe a mixture of water and peroxide??? Please let me know if there are any other remedies that you can recommend...
Fri, 27 Jan 2017
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.
Your symptoms are nonspecific, but these may be suggestive of gastritis, GERD or hiatal hernia so you should do gastroscopy to evaluate it more accurately. This is caused by irritation of stomach mucosa by certain food or medications, stress and smoking. You need to avoid fried food, carbonated drinks, coffee, alcohol and spicy food. You should eat more milk products, vegetables and boiled food. Also, certain antiacid medications may be required by diagnosis should be established first.

I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.