• question-icon

Suggest treatment for acid reflux

I have reflux. Have had it for many years, but recently I had the flu (Jan. 14th) I got over the flu except I couldn t get rid of coughing and thick mucous. X-rays revealed clear lungs. Gastroenterologist did endoscopy a couple of days ago and said esophagus was normal. However, I still have bad relux, terrible burning stomach, esophagus, Larnyx, even up into my throat and mouth. Keep that nasty soured mucous hanging at the back of my throat. Sometimes I have sharp and or consistent pains in between the breast bone and sometimes in the mid part of my stomach. Can the gallbladder cause these symptoms? Doctors have told me for years that they think I may have gallbladder disease without stones. The gasteroenterologist tells me I just have a sensitive esophagus. What do you think?
Wed, 30 Jan 2019

You may be suffering from acid reflux with oropharyngeal reflux. To avoid it you to made change in diet and lifestyle. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week. Avoid spicy food and caffeinated drinks.

Elevate the head end of the bed, don't sleep immediately after food intake. Avoid stressful activities. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu , Internal Medicine Specialist