Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for a strong foul odor around the vagina

I have a problem vaginally. I told my doctor that I constantly feel like I have a yeast infection and I have a horrible odor. She wouldn’t do anything about it! My last trip to see her, she got mad, rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. Only to return and hand me a tube like thing with a long q-tip looking item in it! She told me to swan myself and bring it back and they would analyze it! Needless to say I never went back! Now I have no doctor and I still have the awful smell
Wed, 5 Dec 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Before concluding that it is a yeast infection and starting treatment we have to whether it is a fungal, viral or bacterial infection. Better to take the advice of a gynecologist. Without examination and if required analysis of secretion, it is difficult to come to a conclusion. If it is confirmed, a fungal infection. Take a clotrimazole vaginal tablet. Insert it in the vagina after taking bath in the morning. If it is a bacterial infection, consult a gynecologist for further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Hiren Hirpara
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m 18 and all my life I been insecure about my vagina. I always had a larger labia, which always bothered me. Not only the extra skin, but I get...