Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for a large lump on the inner thigh and the groin area?

Hi, I have a largish lump/spot on inner thigh, side of my groin at the top of my leg. It cones and goes but it gets bigger n then just seems to pop. At the moment its close to popping and really saw. Wen it pops it clears up for a while only to return. Is there any treatment without going to gp and should I be worried.
Thu, 13 Mar 2014
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thanks for writing to HCM.

That is a boil what you are having.... and if it is recurrent that you need to get your sugar levels checked for diabetes...

Till then start on an simple antibiotics like amoxicillin...and pain killers

Dr. Ashish Verma
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello I AM A 38 year old male. I started feeling a grape sized lump between my thigh & groin region for about 2 yrs now.recently I can feel it more...