Suggest treatment for a knot in the knee due to injury

I have fallen twice in the last month and injured the right side of my right knee. There is a good sized knot there now with some numbness and pain only if I try to kneel or twist. Otherwise I can walk fine again. Will it just heal by itself? I have no health insurance.
Thu, 26 Mar 2020

You seem to have injured your knee ligaments on the right side with possibility of some injury to the meniscus which is a cartilage disc inside the knee. Avoid any strain on the knee like kneeling, carrying heavy weights, and climbing more than one flight of stairs. Walking on level ground is fine. There is a good chance that it will heal provided you take the above precautions. Meanwhile, please do knee exercises to maintain the range of movement, strengthening exercises for the quadriceps muscles, use soft soled shoes.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. George Verghese, Orthopaedic Surgeon