Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
132 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for a chest infection

i am suffering severe breathing trouble since oct 2010 with cough up
blood (sometimes) aged 58years ht-163 cms
wt-45 kgs done thr (both ) in 1984/1986
revision thr in 1999(rt) went to miot,chennai for
revision of thr(lt)but canceled due to productive cough & chest infection
Mon, 27 Jun 2016
Report Abuse
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You are having hemoptysis (blood in sputum). And hemoptysis is commonly seen with bronchitis, lung infection like pneumonia, tuberculosis, lung cancer etc.
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done
1. Clinical examination of respiratory system
2. Chest x ray
3. CT thorax
4. PFT (pulmonary function test).
Chest x ray and CT thorax are needed for lung infection and lung cancer.
PFT is needed for bronchitis.
You may need antibiotics, inhaled bronchodilator and inhaled corticosteroids on the basis of these reports.
Once your underlying lung pathology is treated, you will be fit for surgery (THR).
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have been coughing for six months now, after two months of coughing i went to the clinic and i was told it was bronchiotis and i was given 10...