Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for TB igm and fever

sir my wife she is suffering from mild fever and done elisa test for tb igm and found positive and the value is 1.020 and the doctor sugest for AKT4 and she is about to complete 2month and doctor sugest for 3month now her apitite is totally lost and she lost her weight and also feel very week pls sugest can she is continue the medicine or go for akt 3 after 2nd month
Asked On : Thu, 13 Mar 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic.
I understand your concern regarding your wife's weight loss but treatment for TB has to be taken for the full course and completed. She has been put for intensive therapy which is AKT4 for two months and AKT3 for the next 4 months. Regular follow up is necessary to establish complete riddance of the TB bacilli form the body.
I also understand there are many side effects of the antitubercular therapy, like loss of appetite and generalized weakness but the treatment should not be altered unless the patient has allergic reaction to the drugs.
I suggest you include a nutritious dietary plan which has increased protein and carbohydrate content.
She will regain weight once she is free of TB. For now follow the suggested schedule of treatment.
Wishing her a faster recovery,
Answered: Wed, 3 Feb 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor