Suggest treatment for OCD and depression

Sir, I have been taking paxidep CR 37.5 mg for o c d and depression for the past 4 years on the advise of doctors here besides tablet zolfresh 10 mg and quitiapin 25 mg for insomnia. Now I am 65 years old and I want to know whether age related disease like dimentia will affect
Fri, 21 Nov 2014
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

You are 65 years old and are taking Paroxetine controlled release 37.5 mg, zolpidem 10 mg and qutiapin 25 mg. Overall these drugs are safe to use in elderly. Paroxetine is one of good drugs of OCD and it helps in sleep also. As per my opinion zolpidem should not be given on continuous basis for elderly. The drug is a hypnotic drug and can aggravate memory impairment and other cognitive impairments. Consult your psychiatrist and start taking the drug on SOS basis only.

Apart from that cognitive enhancers like Donepezil can help in age related memory impairment. Medicines like Piracetam also increases cognition. Take proper sleep and balanced diet for better functioning.

Thanks, hope this helps you.