• question-icon

Suggest treatment for Ehlers danlos syndrome

My daughter is 14 years old and was diagnosed with Ehlers canola Syndrome and she is a dance major at Alvin Ailey and her left shoulder dislocates?this is an injury from 2 years ago. They want to operate on her end of June but I m scared .the doctor said prolotherapy won t help her but I m reading a lot about it and I want to ma ke sure I make the right decision for her What d on you recommend
Mon, 14 Mar 2016
hello
ehlers danlos syndrome if the cause for shoulder dislocation, can be fixed at surgery with a recontructive approach using carbon filament synthetic ligaments. In this disease, (danlos syndrome), the connective tissues and skin are over lax and friable and so reconstructive repair is a solution, coservative treatment doesnt help in this genetic connective tissue disease as nor mal skin and ligaments wont hold the shoulder head or humerus head in the socket as at both places healing is defective due to fibril disorder
prolotherapy is not the solution
best wishes