Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
120 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for E coli and streptococcus infection

Hi doctor I did a urine test and vaginal also on urine they found pseudo aeroginosa and klebsiela spp and on vaginal they got E coli and klebsiela also and streptococcus, I m trying to convince but no luck... Is those infections serious, and how can I treat worried.
Fri, 12 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Yes, I can understand your concern. I just want to tell you that there are various antibiotics to treat urinary tract or vaginal infections. There are also specific antibiotics which work better in streptococcal or E. coli infections. But E. coli or streptococcal bacteria may become resistant to certain antibiotics.

So the better way to treat them is to get a sensitivity test done with the urine and vaginal swab sample which will give a list of antibiotics specifying which will work better and which will not. You may also talk to your doctor regarding a sensitivity test.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Prabhash Verma,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have tested positive for streptococcus. With it I have huge pustules on my right tonsil in my throat. They cause my to gag at times and are quite...