Suggest treatment for ADHD in a child

My Child who is 7 years old was diagnised with ADHD by a Clinical Pschologist one year ago.But no medication has been prescribed.I have already informed the school management about it.But the teachers are unaware of it and they were complaining that he won t sit at one place and fails to complete the tasks at school and facing difficulty in focusing.Shall I continue in the same school which is academically good for all the other children or shall i change him to any special school which will cater his needs?and Shaii I have to start medication for him or Behaviour therapy is Better?Please suggest me the best way out to deal with my boy with Adhd
Wed, 11 Sep 2019

It may not be easy to treat ADHD in kids If ADHD remains incompletely treated, it does a toll on child's self-esteem also & too many times, in a desire to get noticed, get some appreciation, the child engages into undesirable behaviors which are at present your main concern.

There are medications which can be used and include methylphenidate or atomoxetine.

As a part of parent-teacher management, we can engage in the token economy, contingency management, role plays, time out, etc.

Which are taught by Psychologist to both the parents & teachers in school? Hence, do contact your Psychologist for PTMT; if need further helps does revert back to me.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Iven Romic Rommstein, General Surgeon