Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
152 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment and diet for jaundice

i m suffering from jaundice it is 7.8 now my jaundic ereduce up to 1.9 only can u give me some suggestion to reduce more i m taking ayurvedic medicine doctor medicine cant work so i have done it.......................which fruit nd foood item can i take............
Thu, 17 Mar 2016
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response

noted history of jaundice. treatment of jaundice means identifying and treating the underlying pathology causing your symptom. it is best if you consult with a doctor, preferably a gastrorenterologist or a general surgeon, for physical examination and clinical evaluation. you probably have an obstruction somewhere along your hepaticopancreaticobiliary tree. obstruction could be from a stone or a tumor lesion. diagnostics for further investigating your case (such as ultrasound, ct-scan, liver function tests, etc) and management (medical and/or surgical if indications are found) will be directed accordingly.

hope this helps.

good day!!

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi I m 29 yrs old and I m suffering from jaundice from last 20 days.i m also having itching in whole body and it get worse when I try to sleep in...