Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

162 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest therapy for high BP

My name is Mr. Murlidhar Shandilya from Sagar,Madhya Pradesh and I am 75 years old.I am suffering from high blood pressure since last 2 years and I have been taking NUSAR-A.M. but from last 2-3 months I am finding problem in walking and other activities.When I tested for T.M.T it came out to be positive.The local doctor has prescribed me with a number of medicines and at the same time he has prescribed me to go through angioplasty but I want to get well through medicines and without going through any surgery.So please suggest me the way to get well as soon as possible.
Wed, 22 May 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response

I would like to review your cardiac tests in order to be able to give a more professional opinion.

In the case of suspicions on coronary artery disease, angioplasty would be the golden standard test to examine the blood flow in your coronary arteries.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi My brother is suffering with high BP 180/110 .He is 32 year old. This is detected on 31 st March. He is taking Telvas 80h. But bp is not coming down. Yesterday it was 170/110. We did all check up. there is some problem with ECG. Lipid profile with blood report. I want to tale appontment . Can anybody plz suggest me, what to do . Thanks in advance

doctor1 MD

Im a lady patient of High BP and Thyroid.. In the month of April I had my Liver test,In which I got SGPT-62 & SGOT-60.. This week I reconducted my liver test which showed SGPT-130 & SGOT-91. Im taking Thyrox-25 & Amlopres-AT25 regulary.. Kindly advice me,how can I control my SGOT & SGPT levels.. Im 52 yrs old & weight 56.. No alcohol,No smoking..                                                                  

doctor1 MD

I have been prescribed perendopril to try to reduce BP to a max. of 110 over 70 because of second stroke caused by genetic fault with white matter over brain, both in brain stem. Previously my BP was between 120-135 over 70-75, but has gone up to 175 over 110. While in hospital 2.5mg perendopril reduced BP to around 110 over 60, now after 6 weeks and 5 mg AM and 2.5 mg PM I awake with 150 plus and pulse over 100 bpm. What other therapy should I try or should i seek a referral to a cardiolagist ?

Recent questions on  Interventional radiology

doctor1 MD

My husband went for a stress test and the Dr. phoned back said there was a shadow behind his heart. His blood pressure has been running a little higher then usual, he has three stents now but has never had a heart attach, Dr said he might have to have a cath later and is sending him new medication, what does all of this mean.

doctor1 MD

hi my mum is 65 and has never been ill all her life until last year when she had a heart attack and had stents fitted and has been on medication ever since, for the past couple of days she has been feeling dizzy and it has been going black like she is going to pass out , she dosnt pass out but she cannot hold anything down either and she has low blood pressure. she went to the doctors yesterday and he sent her home with some antibiotics saying if your no better in a couple of days come back and we will send you for a chest xray. she went home took an antiobiotic and threw it straight back up, so she went to bed. the doctor just said he thinks it is some kind of infection. I am worried because my mum carries on regardless but she isn t and looks ill , I just think because of the low blood pressure the doctor should have sent her to the hospital and I am very worried about her . do you know what is wrong with her ?

doctor1 MD

age 46 ht.5`6 wt. 126 vaginal aneurysm and vascular malformation in hip thigh and buttock .. also two small brain aneurysms... they are watching the brain aneurysms but the rest the Mayo clinic doctors say they have no treatment options available.. I had coil embolization in Oct 2013 in right side of vaginal wall that made my condition worse

doctor1 MD

Hello Sir, My dad from trivandrum was advised by his doctor to consult a cardiovascualar surgeon his analysis ****************** There is a small segment of block on the right side Iliac artery. But the rest of the vessel is well filled. He is symptomatically better. I discussed the options with him. The options are: 1.Attempt angioplasty and stenting (after consultation with radiologist) 2.Continue medical management 3.Surgery ****************** please let me know if i could call you. Thanks Arun

doctor1 MD

I have a severe pain in my left calf which is relieved by moving around. I also have shortness of breath for which I went to emergency room Monday. They released me with no findings. I did not have the pain in my calf at that time. I had been to...

doctor1 MD

My dad is diagnosed with liver cancer advanced stage and getting chemotheraphy from last 1.3 yrs. For every 3 months we are having regular check up of Whole abdomen scan, LFT, CBP. Medicines we are using from starting are: Soranib tab 1 per day...

doctor1 MD

What is Transarterial Chemoembolization (TACE)? How effective it is? Please answer to the email address below: Thanking you XXXX