Suggest the kind of copper t to choose to prevent pregnancy

Hi Doctor, I m married for 10 yrs. I have a daughter of 9 yrs old. we had decided not to have any more kids. We were considering the option trying out Copper-T to avoid pregnancy. I heard that there are various types of copper-T available in market. Can you suggest which is the safest & cost effective one, we can go for.
Mon, 25 Aug 2014
myHello madam,I understand your concern.among all contraceptives pill is the best one .but as you want for long time better go for copper T as you decided because pill will be having more sideeffects.normally safety and efficacy will be same for all types of copperT but only lifespan differs.like cuT 200 will be for 2 yrs and cuT380A for 10 yrs and cuT250 for 3 yrs .so decide the span how many years you want the protection.sideeffects will be pain abdomen,irregular bleeding,excessive bleeding.but dont worry only some people experience them.there are harmonal intrauterinecontraceptivedevices (IUCD) like
Mirena IUCD which is composed of progesterone harmone.its life span is also upto 5 yrs but have sideeffects like weight gain,headache etc.so in my opinion cu T is better than harmonal IUCD.