Suggest the dosage of Amiodarone

I am on a 4week trial on amiodarone I am not sure if I take 200 milagrams a day for one wweek and then 400 mg for three weeks or 400mg for one week and then 200 mg for three weeks which is correct lowerdose for 1 week increasing to 400 mg for three weeks or the oppisote
Wed, 25 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As far as my clinical experience is concerned, Amiodarone is the drug used for heart chamber abnormality in terms of arrhythmia via it's anti arrhythmic action.

I do not recommend any dose titration by your own, it can be having devastating effects on your heart. Strictly adhere to the prescription guidelines by your doc only.

Do give me further chance to assist in future.

Thank you.