Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
197 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest tests for hormone imbalance leading to a lump in nipple

I am a male age 41 and for the last 5 years my anxiety has increased, my weight has increased and I've lost a significant amount of my stamina. Recently I found a mass under my right nipple that is somewhat painful. A friend of mine suggested I may have a hormone imbalance (low testosterone) causing this. When an MD does a hormone test like this, how exactly do they test for it? Blood, urine, oral swab? It's important for me to know this because I have been smoking and drinking more than normal for the last year due to a divorce and I can't afford to let that info hit the MIB in the way of pos. nico or elevated liver enzymes.
Wed, 9 Oct 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Sexologist 's  Response

Cause for your swelling - one of the reason can be due to hormone.

Other cause - it can be abscess, benign lesion, infection, chronic alcohol causing hepatic damage.

Doing an ultrasound can help diagnose the cause. For hormone test - simple blood investigation is enough.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr S.R.Raveendran, Sexologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi, I am 35 yr old having a hard time to conceive. l have hormonal imbal ance I was given duphaston for 3months,started sept then after taking it...

Recent questions on  Hypogonadism

doctor1 MD

I'm 22 years old male,have the following syptoms and signs:1.Gyneco mastia(disc is present below nipple but not tender)
2.triangular pelvic hair...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, This is Kumar, I am 25 years old. My penis is small and it is in the same size from the age of 15, I think I am suffering from...

doctor1 MD

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2011. I didn t know snoring really loud was a condition until the girl I was seeing, couldn t stand sleeping...

doctor1 MD

I am a male age 41 and for the last 5 years my anxiety has increased, my weight has increased and I've lost a significant amount of my stamina....

doctor1 MD

what is hypogonadism? I got that diagnosis

doctor1 MD

I have a mild shooting pain from my pelvis to my left testicle. it comes and goes what can this be? I take adderall and Abilify .

doctor1 MD

what heals epidyimooritis? the Dr. told try masturbating and see if it hurts ejaculation. I did that and it didn't hurt. what should I do?