Suggest tests for hormone imbalance leading to a lump in nipple

I am a male age 41 and for the last 5 years my anxiety has increased, my weight has increased and I've lost a significant amount of my stamina. Recently I found a mass under my right nipple that is somewhat painful. A friend of mine suggested I may have a hormone imbalance (low testosterone) causing this. When an MD does a hormone test like this, how exactly do they test for it? Blood, urine, oral swab? It's important for me to know this because I have been smoking and drinking more than normal for the last year due to a divorce and I can't afford to let that info hit the MIB in the way of pos. nico or elevated liver enzymes.
Wed, 9 Oct 2019