Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest specialist to be consulted for stones in spleen and gallbladder

HI, just had a litho on left kidney because of 7mm stone. CT showed 7 more stones smaller, but in the right kidney had 9 stones, the largest 4.8mm. The ct also showed stones in the spleen and upper neck of gall bladder? I am still in pain, naturally but I also hurt in my abdomen when I eat anything. Are there anyone else I should see instead of my urologist who performed the litho? I ask about the right kidney, but he was worried about the 7mm and said we would talk later about the right Kidney. But I am also worried about the spleen and gallbladder. What should I do or who should I see? Thanks
Thu, 26 Mar 2015
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Dear patient
you have got stones at multiple sites kidney gallbladder and spleen. Now stones can be at place without causing any symptoms. So your kidney stones are symptomatic and has to be removed. Stones in right kidney are very small and will come out with conservative management. So leave worries and can contact gastroenterology specialist if gall stones and spleen stones are troubling you. All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

HI, GOOD AFTERNOON, this is kcs pillai from delhi, regarding a query of balder stone (multiple stones, with maximum 8.2 mm in size) affected to my daughter, who is 20 years. She is having no pain etc. We now only had an USG examined which shows everything perfect except the stone sympton as above. Kindly suggest whether we should go for an operation? If there any possibility of removing the stone without removing the gall blader or can it be cured with only oral medicines. Kindly reply me to my email: YYYY@YYYY or mob: 0000. Also please mention which is the best hospital in delhi ncr to do the consultations Hoping for an early reply. Thanks & regards, KCS Pillai.

doctor1 MD

Hi, Just a while ago, my wife has undergone ultrasound and she was told that there is a one centimeter length of stone in her spleen. Prior to hospitalization, she has been complaining of severe abdominal pains. Please advice on the best treatment of this problem. Thanks

doctor1 MD

Sir I am taking udilive 300 on the advice of Doctor as a 17 mm stone is observed in my Gall bladder . Dr Specialist in Surgery has advised me take udilive 300 for 3 months. I have started . I have not observed any type of pain or other indication before the starting of Medicine and after that till date . I am fit in health in all respect . I am also taking Stanlip 145 for reducing Triglycerides on advise of the Doctor Medcine . I am 49 yes old my height is 5 feet & 6 inches. My weight is 65 kg. Kindly advice me whether Udilive is effective in disolving the stone or not . For how months the udilive is recomedable and can udilive take with other medcine like Stanlip. For any side effects please also advice.